- Rewrite of the Web UI with Ruby On Rails 6 and Bootstrap 4
- Rewrite of the submission form. New servers are checked on adding.
- Migrate from MariaDB to PostgreSQL.
- Improved CSV, Plaintext and JSON export (the JSON limit has been lifted).
- Reduced export interval down to 4 hours (from once per day).
- public-dns.tk expired and a domain grabber registered it again to do affiliate marketing for smartdnsproxy.com. Now I use public-dns.info for the english version.
- Add check to test DNSSEC support.
- Collect statistical data about number of valid/invalid nameservers and valid/invalid checks per hour.
- Add a reliability factor that shows how often a server passed the check during the last 30 days.
- Add an additional download for all nameservers (including unchecked/invalid).
- Limited the displayed nameservers to the 100 most recently checked per country.
- Rewrite of the DNS checker in Go. The source code is available at Github.
- Periodically generate CSV and Plaintext exports and limit JSON export to 100 entries. This is necessecary to handle the current amount of > 200k valid nameservers.
- During the past two weeks someone submitted around 400k addresses to our site.
- XML exports removed because they require too many resources.
- XML, JSON and CSV exports are cached on the first request for some hours.
- Link local IPv6 addresses excluded.
- English version on public-dns.tk launched.
- Support for IPv6 added.
- Retrieval and display of the bind.version implemented.
- Use multiple threads for DNS checking.
- Differentiate the errors Timeout and Refused.
- Subpages for countries added.
- GeoIP added.
- Exports added.
German version on www.ungefiltert-surfen.de launched.